Tuesday, April 19, 2011

THANK YOU for your SUPPORT

I am so grateful for all the personal emails sent to me and I thank you for doing your part to protect those that can’t protect themselves. 
Sometime last week, I read in the paper that Legislative leaders stepped (http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/editorials/legislature-must-remedy-scotts-hasty-cuts-to-vulnerable/1163323) up to the plate to lift the budget cuts targeted to reduce funding for the disabled; so, of course, I had to verify the information.  I texted my contact at the State and was told that the cuts were lifted. 
I can not THANK YOU enough.  I do believe that the picketing, letters sent, phone calls made and emails sent to our legislators’ – WORKED!  We won this small battle in an ongoing war.   Funding is still an active issue but at least our legislators’ are working on a funding source.
So...now that Part one of my “Pay it Forward” campaign is complete; I can concentrate on Part 2. 
This is a favorite.  This is where I organize a charity event; the “Pay it Forward” charity BBQ date has been chosen, the venue secured LOL and the invitations mailed.   I look forward to sharing a fun filled day with my family and friends for this worthy cause.  See you at the BBQ!
Thank you so much for your support!
Jossie

No comments:

Post a Comment